Western Australia Police
We are excited to announce the short-listed finalists for the Nine News WA Police Excellence Awards for 2015 are:
• First Class Constable Stephanie BOCHORSKY – Central Metropolitan Response
• First Class Constable Keely DAVIES – Clarkson Police Station, North West Metropolitan District
• Sergeant Mollie DAVIES – Murdoch Police Station, South Metropolitan District
• Senior Sergeant Craig DAVIS – Midland Police Station, Central Metropolitan District
• Senior Constable John FOSTER – Youth Policing Operations, Community Engagement Division
• Brevet Senior Sergeant Neil GORDON – Jigalong Multifunctional Police Facility, Pilbara District
• Detective First Class Constable Matthew HALLSWORTH – formally Joondalup Detectives, North West Metropolitan District (now Sex Assault Squad)
• Senior Constable Brett JEFFREY – Great Southern Family Protection Unit, Great Southern District
• Sergeant Brad KARAFIL – Canning Vale Police Station, South East Metropolitan District
• Constable Brodie WALLIS – South West Traffic, South West District
• Dog Squad, Office of the Metro Regional Coordinator
• Fremantle Police Station, South Metropolitan District
• Kensington Police Station, South East Metropolitan District
• Liquor Enforcement Central Team – Licensing Enforcement Division
• Major Crash – State Traffic
• Marble Bar Police Station – Pilbara District
• Mid-West Gascoyne Youth Crime Prevention Office – Mid West-Gascoyne District
• Mirrabooka Detectives – North West Metropolitan District
• Regional Investigations Unit – Office of the Metro Regional Coordinator
• Sex Crime Division – Sex Crime Division
This year, we received a total of 228 nominations for the Awards! Congratulations to everyone who received a nomination and thank you to all those who submitted a nomination recognising an officer or police team.
The winners and runners ups for each category will be announced in December.
Finally, thank you to this year’s sponsors, Nine Perth, Crown Perth, P&N Bank, WA Today and Radio 882 6PR for your support! #WAPolAwards
Source – WA Police – FaceBook
The 2015 Police Awards are here. There are many considerations when nominating an officer or a team for these awards. When you nominate please ensure that your nomination meets the criteria or it will not be considered. There are many Police Officers & Teams out there that are deserving of the award.
A police officer or team that is deserving of this award would be one that is outstanding from the rest, not an easy choice because they are umpteen ‘outstanding’ stations, where many teams and officers work. Consider the actions of the team or officer, looking for fairness, empathy, professionalism, openness and above all the ability to resolve police matters within the community.
Does your local station sound like this, they would go above and beyond Policing, reaching out to the community promoting the entire Police force in the face of the community. These officers are standout models in the community, attending many events, involving the public by means of Social Media which is a fantastic way to keep up to date with what is happening in the many communities.
Police Officers Keep the community safe, we call them when we are in danger or a matter arises that requires Police attention, These Men & Women, put their lives on the line and face adversity head on, they deal with the unfortunates of society, Drugs & Weapons are part of everyday duties. Dealing with deceased and injured victims, dealing with people that are angry and upset because of a set of circumstances that should not of occurred.
Police Officers deal with many situations, so when they get to yours, they have already dealt with someone else’s. They are there to help, they do not need to be abused or assaulted. They have to stay calm while diffusing someone else’s situation that they often know nothing about. They cannot be blamed for that. Look for these qualities in the officer or team that you choose to nominate for the awards.
You can Nominate Here
Thanks & Regards *S*
If you know of a WA Police officer or team who has excelled at their job, nominate them for this year’s Nine News WA Police Excellence Awards.
The Awards recognise the hard work all police officers contribute to our community. The officers nominated highlight that police work is both varied and challenging and greatly affects people from all walks of life. Policing is not only a job; it is a way of life. Recognising a police officer or police team with a nomination reinforces that members of the police are not simply uniforms, but also community members who share the same concerns as others.
Nominate on the WA Police website. Nominations close at 5pm, Sunday 4 October 2015.