Good afternoon everyone. Team 2 reporting in with a good result from a traffic operation overnight.
On Thursday, February 11, police were running a booze bus operation on Armadale Road in Banjup.
During this operation police conducted a search on a suspicious vehicle which resulted in 18.36 grams of amphetamine, a machete, a quantity of cash and other drug related paraphernalia being seized.
A subsequent search of the POI’s address by Armadale Detectives, assisted by Breath Section officers, located a home-made handgun capable of firing .22 calibre rounds, a shotgun, cannabis, other weapons and ammunition
The person of interest was interviewed and subsequently charged with the following offences:
• Possession of Prohibited Drugs with Intent to Sell or Supply
• Possessed a prohibited drug x 2
• Possessed drug paraphernalia in or on which there was a
prohibited drug or plant x 2
• Unlicensed Person Possess Ammunition x2
• Possess Firearm with Circumstances of Aggravation
• Possess Unlicensed Firearm
• Carried a controlled weapon x 3
The person of interest appeared in court today.
This is one of two traffic stops in the same operation where unauthorised firearms were located.
|Photos from South East Metro District – WA Police’s post